Best Football Betting Apps: Which To Download?
Football betting apps are hugely sought after for the World Cup 2022, as football is one of the biggest sports for betting turnover in the UK. We’ve analysed all the betting apps on the market to find out which is best for placing football bets.
- Has great in-play betting features
- Live stream thousands of events
- Cash out, edit, and build your own bets
Overall Best Football Betting Apps
|William Hill||Best Football Welcome Offers|
|Bwin||Best App For Football Markets And Odds|
|Unibet||Best For Live Streaming|
|888Sport||Best For Asian Betting Lines|
|Betfair||Best App With Betting Exchange|
|Paddy Power||Best App With Bet Builder|
|Bet365||Best App For In-Play Live Football Betting|
|Betfair||Best App For Cash Out|
Best Football Betting Apps For Specific Football Tournament or Competition
Some apps are better suited to different competitions.
How do we judge this?
- Some betting apps have better odds or betting offers for these specific tournaments and competitions.
For example, Betvictor is well known for having the best odds in the industry for Premier League betting.
- Certain betting apps have great introductory offers and promotions for existing customers for these tournaments.
For example, the Ladbrokes app has excellent enhancements for the World Cup. Bet365 have regular in-play free bet offers for big Champions League fixtures.
- Features available within the apps can be beneficial for betting on certain tournaments, so apps that contain these features might be recommended for certain events.
Best Fifa World Cup 2022 Betting Apps
The top betting apps for world cup betting have the following features:
- Excellent range of betting markets, both for outright betting, pre-match betting, and in-play betting.
- Cash out for the apps to allow users to cash out their accumulator winnings early.
- Reasonable offers such as price boosts and enhancements.
- Introductory offers for new users that download the app, sign up, and bet on the tournament.
We recommend these football betting apps for betting on the 2022 Fifa World Cup:
Best Apps Premier League Football Betting
The top betting apps for betting on The Premier League have the following features:
- A massive amount of betting markets, both for outright betting, pre-match betting, and in-play betting. For example, the bet365 app offers 110+ pre-match betting markets on Premier League fixtures.
- The apps have cash out to allow Premier League bettors to cash out their bets within the app.
- Generous offers such as price boosts and enhancements.
- Bet builder functionality to create a custom bet on corners, cards, goals, goalscorers and match results within the app.
Best Bet Apps For Champions League Betting
The top betting apps for Champions League betting have the following features:
- A huge amount of betting markets, both for outright betting, pre-match betting, and in-play betting. For example, the bet365 app offers 110+ pre-match betting markets on their “Elite Euro List” fixtures, which includes the Champions League matches.
- The apps have cash out to allow for cashing in bets early – both partially and via the auto cash out.
- Strong, ongoing offers, such as price boosts and enhancements.
- Bet builder functionality to create custom bets on midweek fixtures, combining markets like goalscorers, match results, correct score, goal betting, corners and cards betting into one big custom bet with high odds.
Top Football Apps For Betting By User Type
Some football betting apps are fit for general purposes. Still, we believe some are better suited to different users – either via their experience with sports betting or depending on the amount of money they have available to place bets.
Best Apps For Beginners
The recommended apps for beginners feature simple sign-up processes, plenty of deposit methods, and easy-to-browse user interfaces. Their betting markets are well labelled and not over complex for first-time users, and they tend to feature simple-to-claim free bet offers.
Our recommended football betting apps for rookies are:
Best Apps For Experienced Bettors
More experienced football bettors can handle the more complex betting markets, like the Asian Handicap, and understand how a bonus rollover works. As a result, they’re not put off by more complex or in-depth betting interfaces within the app – and can easily search for their required fixture and betting market.
The apps that are great for more experienced punters include:
Best Apps For Bettors With Small Bankrolls
Not all football betting apps are created equally, as some offer new users welcome bonuses, weekly free bets, and price boosts/enhancements. These promotions and rewards can be beneficial to sports bettors that don’t have a lot of capital to bet with.
Therefore the football betting applications we recommend for low-bankroll players are:
How We Rate Football Betting Apps
Ease Of Use/User Interface
Football betting apps are packed with features to encourage and entice users to keep coming back and playing regularly. However, we believe the better apps are the ones that are easy to use and that are self-intuitive.
Too many enticing features can overwhelm users and put them off. So instead, we find the best apps are the ones that are nice to browse, search, and place football bets with. We believe these qualities are the most important, and apps prioritising an exemplary user interface will have customers returning for years.
Football Leagues, Fixtures & Betting Markets Offered
The better football betting apps in the industry have extensive coverage of football fixtures worldwide. Every betting app will offer Premier League, La Liga and Champions League football.
However, what sets the best betting apps apart from the rest is offering football fixtures from lower tiers of football and in the more obscure countries, such as the South Americas, Australia, The Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
Having a wide range and depth of fixtures on offer is ideal, but better still is a betting app that offers a vast range of football betting markets.
With advancements in online betting, punters are after more than a straight win or overs/under market that they might have been used to with a traditional high street bookie. Betting apps nowadays need to offer betting markets based on cards, corners, goal scorers, match events and, of course, on goals.
Popular Betting Markets Offered On Football Betting Apps
- Match Result
- Draw No Bet
- Double Chance
- Correct Score
- Half-time / Full-time
- Over 2.5 Goals / Under 2.5 Goals
- Total Corners
The more advanced betting apps that suit experienced punters will also offer Asian betting markets, like Asian cards, Asian corners, Asian goal lines and of course, the Asian handicap market.
The betting apps with the best football fixtures and betting markets are:
Live Streaming Capability, Quality & Number Of Fixtures
Live streaming has taken off, as we mentioned in our guide to betting sites with live streaming. Thanks to the introduction of 4G and now 5G wireless Internet, smartphones have the capability and connectivity to stream live events better than ever.
The faster mobile Internet is brilliant for betting apps, as it offers punters access to live sport that previously would have required a TV satellite dish or a paid subscription model.
The best betting apps with live streaming offer a diverse range of sports to stream, HD streams available, and a huge amount of events to stream.
Simply offering some low-quality horse racing streams isn’t enough; the better of the bet apps are showing Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A football in HD, along with Wimbledon and some of the golf majors.
The best betting apps for live streaming include:
A feature developed by Betfair at the turn of the last decade, cash out has taken the betting world by storm.
Nowadays, cash out has evolved from a simple push and confirm to cash out. Betting apps are now offering both partial cash out and auto cash out.
Partial cash out allows the user to cash out part of their bet on the app and leave the other part to run as originally intended.
The auto cash out feature allows punters who might not be able to regularly check their bet to set an intended cash out threshold, which will be automatically executed if the cash out value should ever reach that amount.
Football bet apps that have the cash-out feature enabled are:
From 2020 onwards, all major betting apps offer bet builder functionality. Bet Builder is mainly an offering aimed at football betting fans.
Nowadays, all the big football betting apps offer bet builder functionality, so we rate them well. Those with the easier-to-use bet builder or the better possible betting selections available to be used within the bet are rated even more highly.
Apps for football betting that come with bet builder are:
Request a Bet
Whilst football betting apps have the bet builder functionality enabled now, the request a bet feature is one brought in around the mid-twenty-tens and has now started appearing in the apps of the bookmakers.
It allows users to request their own bet and get customised odds given to them directly from the bookie. The betting selection that they’ve asked for will be available in the app for them to bet on.
Football betting apps that allow you to request your own bet and custom odds are:
What Is a Football Betting App?
A football betting app is simply a betting app that allows sports bettors to place bets on football (soccer, as it is often known within the apps).
Football Betting App Definition
A football betting app is an application available to download, install, and use on a smartphone or tablet, usually on the iOS or Android operating system. It allows the user to register and place bets via a bookmaker on football betting markets. In addition, football betting apps will typically allow the user to place pre-match and in-play bets, and often come packed with additional features.
The goal of football betting apps
The objective for the users of these apps is to allow users to browse through football fixtures and betting markets and place bets.
For the bookmakers themselves, these apps aim to increase their customer base and the betting activity of their existing customers, thus increasing the overall turnover for the company.
Football Betting App Examples
Examples of football betting apps include:
Football Betting App Strategy
An ideal football betting app strategy would be to install an app with the required features to suit the requirements of the app user.
Ensure the football betting app is suited to the user’s experience level. For example, beginner users should choose a betting app that is simple to use and has the basic features they require.
Advanced users should focus on football bet apps with good odds and betting markets, such as Asian lines, and avoid using the latest trending feature like bet builder or cash out.
Football Betting App Best Practices
Here are the best practices for installing and using football betting apps.
- Install via official sources—directly from the bookmaker site or the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Ensure apps are updated as soon as an update is available.
- Never give out your football bet app usernames/passwords to anyone, especially people emailing claiming to be from the bookmaker customer service.
- Set deposit limits within the app to ensure you play safely.
- Always gamble responsibly, take care and stop when the fun stops.
- Uninstall the app if you’re risking more than you can afford to lose. Self-exclude from the bookmaker, close your account and uninstall the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the easiest betting app to use for football?
Bet365, Betfred and Coral are the easiest betting apps to use. They’re quick to download, install, sign up to and navigate for less experienced betting app users.
Which betting app has the best odds for football?
Betvictor is one of the best betting apps for sports betting odds, in particular, odds on Premier League football fixtures. Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfred and Bet365 all have competitive odds in their apps.