How do forecast bets work
To keep things simple, a forecast bet is where you have to pick the top two finishers. This type of bet can apply to a variety of different sporting events but is most commonly used on horse racing events. For the bet to be successful you must correctly predict the top two finishers in the correct order. If your selections do not place in the first and second positions, you stated then the bet is null and void. The bet is a popular choice amongst punters for race-based sports like the horses, greyhounds, cycling and motorsports. These bets are easy to place but are not so easy to win, and if you do predict correctly, you can reap some fantastic payouts.
There are many different types of forecast bet, here are the different types of forecast bet:
- Straight Forecast – This bet requires you to correctly predict which selections will finish 1st and 2nd in the correct order.
- Reverse Forecast – This bet requires you to correctly predict which selections will finish 1st and 2nd in any order. It also costs twice more than a straight forecast bet.
- Combination Forecast – This bet allows you to pick a total of 4 selections and requires you to correctly predict which selections will finish 1st and 2nd in any order. It costs 4 times more than a straight forecast.
We’re going to take you through how to place a forecast on Paddy Power, in this run through we are going to pick horse racing as our sporting event.
How to place a forecast on Paddy Power
- Click here to open Paddy Power’s homepage.
Once you select ‘Sports’ you can take your pick from the list, in this example we are betting on the horses, so we would select ‘Horse Racing’ from the list.
- Now you will need to navigate to the race you wish to place a bet on.
If you hit ‘Next’ you will see all the upcoming horse race events.
- You will then need to pick your two selections by hitting the odds button on each selection.
This will add the selections to the bet slip.
- You will then need to head over to your betslip to create a forecast bet.
In the betslip you will find a box where you can enter the amount you wish to wager on the forecast bet.
The order you picked the selection will be the order of the forecast. So if you pick Horse A first, in the forecast bet, Horse A must finish first, while second pick Horse B must come second.
- All you need to do to complete the forecast bet is enter the amount you wish to wager in the ‘Forecast’ box and place the bet.
If you want to place a ‘Reverse Forecast bet, then you enter the amount to wager in the ‘Reverse Forecast’ box.
- If you want to place a combination forecast wager you need to make four selections.
- Then you add the amount your wish to wager in the ‘Combination Forecast’ box and hit the bet button.
You can also place a tricast bet, which uses the same mechanics, but you make three selections to place first, second and third. This bet can be placed using the same method, but by picking three selections rather than just two.
Want to make things more and place an accumulator bet? You can find out how to create an accumulator bet at Paddy Power here.