William Hill account verification can take different forms, there is the SMS or email verification that occurs during registration. These two options are simply to verify that you have given valid contact details and can be completed in a few steps.
- Find the verification communication, be that in your email inbox or text messages.
- Either access the SMS code and enter the numbers into the verification field when requested during your signup, or click on the verification link in your inbox to successfully verify your account.
Account & Identity Verification
Following this there can be the more thorough identity verification that William Hill may request some users to carry out. This requires a couple of documents, including:
- Proof of identity (front and back of cards and including photo.)
- Driving License.
- National Identity Card.
- Other governments issued photo ID cards, such as residence permits.
- Proof of address (no older than 3 months.)
- Banking statement.
- Utility bills.
- Council tax bills.
These documents can be emailed to william Hill via firstname.lastname@example.org or through the direct secure upload, which is accessed via the website or William Hill app on the secured documents portal.
To access the portal follow these steps:
- From the app or website navigate to the help or contact us/help tab under the main menu.
- Enter ‘Verification’ in the search bar.
- Access the search result titled ‘Document upload portal.’
- Click on the blue link labeled ‘here’ under the William Hill image.
- Here you can click choose file to open up your files and select the documents that have been requested.
Age Verification: How Long Does It Take?
William Hill has stated that age verification can take up to 72 hours. This step is an important part of the registration process, as William Hill must ensure that all users are 18 and over to abide by Gambling Commission rules. Usually, this occurs automatically through other documents and information provided, but occasionally a separate check must take place.