William Hill offer their customers numerous ways to deposit into their account, both through the website, app and via their actual high street shops.
William Hill Deposit Methods & Payment Methods
The William Hill deposit options vary by country, but in the UK the options are as follows.
- Visa Debit
- Fast Bank Transfer
- Bank Transfer
- William Hill Cashdirect
Notably, PayPal is the only E-wallet that is accepted and it can’t be used if funded by a credit card. Also to be eligible for any sign up offers you have to make your first deposit via debit card, credit card, William Hill Cashdirect, Fast or standard bank transfer.
How To Deposit With William Hill
To Make A Deposit Into Your William Hill Balance, you must initially set up a deposit method or have a deposit method already set up. Whether it’s your first deposit or not, it is a simple process.
- Click the deposit button at the top of the webpage next to your empty balance.
- If you already have a payment method registered, then it’s as easy as clicking the deposit button and entering your desired deposit amount via the quick deposit form along with your security info.
- If not, you can add your first deposit method.
- All you must do here is select the method that you want, and add the requested details and select your preferred currency and amount.
Depositing funds can take a little while to be confirmed but usually they are available to play with instantaneously.
(You can be reassured at this stage that William Hill are a registered gambling company under The Gambling Commission and so are fully authenticated and reputable.)
How To Change Bank Details With William Hill
- Access your William Hill account through the William Hill Webpage.
- Select the deposit button at the top of the page next to your balance.
- If directed to the quick deposit form, simply click more deposit methods, which is located under the quick deposit button.
- On the my methods tab, click the edit button that appears next to your current bank details.
- Enter the new bank details and click save changes.
From the William Hill mobile app, to make the same change is almost the same procedure, the only difference is that the edit button is found below the card number and above the enter amount box on mobile.
How To Add A Payment Method With William Hill
Adding a new deposit method is as simple as finding the method that you wish to use on the list of other methods below the my methods tab, entering the amount you want to deposit, and then inserting your details into the required fields.
If it’s another card of the same deposit method, you simply have to select the add card button next to your existing details of that method.
William Hill App/Website Deposit Not Working
There are several reasons why a deposit is not authorised.
- You may have gone over your deposit limit.
- The deposit amount or card details you’ve entered may be incorrect.
- You may have failed a bank authentication.
- An external gambling freeze could be active on your payment method.
- There could be restrictions on your card activity that is preventing the transfer, due to location or the nature of William Hill as a Gambling Company
In most of these instances, these issues can be easily solved by contacting either William Hill or your payment company.
William Hill Deposit Limits: How To Change
A deposit limit on William Hill is the maximum amount of cash a player has selected to be allowed to transfer to the William Hill balance in a given time period. This limit is a self imposed restriction to give the player reassurance that they won’t spend too much money gambling for that time period without them having to keep track of the outgoings.
The limit can be set for a rolling daily, weekly, or monthly cap. The limit will reset 24 hours after your first deposit when you activate a daily limit and similarly one week or one month after you activate either of the other limits.
There are set limit options to choose from, but William Hill are able to tailor a limit as per your request. If you don’t like the look of any available options, simply email the customer services department with your request and they’ll get back to you.
How To Set Up A Deposit Limit
To set up a deposit limit you only need to follow a few simple steps. You may have even set one up already that you’ve forgotten about, as you’re prompted to when you sign up.
- Access your account via web or mobile.
- Select the my account setting by clicking on your balance at the top of the screen.
- Go to the safer gambling tool with the shield icon and then select deposit limits.
- Here you’re able to set different daily, weekly and monthly limits from drop down menus.
How To Change Deposit Limit On William Hill
To change your limits it’s the same procedure as to set them up initially, you simply have to alter your selection.
One thing to note is that if you’re increasing your limit, you’ll have to wait 24 hours before the change is able to take place and you have to confirm the change after that 24 hour waiting period.
Decreasing your limit will take effect straight away. This can all be done through the safer gambling section.
William Hill Minimum Deposit
William Hill is really helpful to new bettors, especially those not wanting to place large bets, as their minimum deposit is very affordable at only £5 via debit card or Apple Pay.