William Hill Guide : How To Place An Accumulator & Join The Free Bet Club
Being one of the most popular bookmakers in the UK, both on the high street and online, William Hill is a fan favourite when it comes to placing an accumulator. The current William Hill £20 free bet is an ideal start for those players looking to practice without using their own money. Punters can combine their bets on a range of sports markets to produce a high-odds multiple and try to defeat the unlikelihood of getting so many predictions correct.
Accumulators allow punters to combine the selections on their bet slip in return for a much bigger pay out. The odds on the bet slip are all multiplied together, so rather than four £10 singles with odds of 2.00 (1/1) returning you £20 each or £80 in total, a £10 accumulator of the four selections will return £160. The risk is much higher, but is rewarded with a much bigger return value.
Huge Range Of Sports & Fixtures To Choose From
William Hill has a massive range of sports markets to choose from. At weekends, football/soccer is one of the most popular betting events. A typical Saturday in the UK will involve 6 Premier League fixtures, over forty football league fixtures from The Championship, League One and League Two, and the conference. There’s also over twenty Scottish fixtures from their top 4 divisions, the Welsh Premier and the Northern Ireland Premier League too.
UK punters have a massive amount of games to throw into an accumulator and try their luck against probability.
William Hill’s customers can place doubles, trebles, and 4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 fold accumulators. The more bets that are added to the accumulator, the higher the amount William Hill will be paying out for winning accumulators. Accumulator odds are generated by multiplying the odds for all the selections. For example, if you had a treble consisting of West Ham at odds of 2.00, Man Utd at odds of 1.5 and Man City and odds of 2.0, the total odds would be 6.00 (2 x 1.5 x 2).
Yankees, Lucky 15s, Lucky 31s, Lucky 63s, Alphabets and other options like this are often shown on a bet slip in the ‘multiples’ selection. They are the same as an accumulator, but also combine other selections together to spread the risk of one selection not winning.
For example, if four singles were added to the William Hill bet slip, you could place a ‘Yankee’ on these selections. The Yankee is 11 different bets that include the six doubles (selections 1 & 2, 1 & 3, 1 & 4, 2 & 3, 2 & 4, 3 & 4), four treble bets (combining 123, 124, 134, 234) and finally a four-fold accumulator. If you were to just place the four-fold accumulator and one event lost, the four-fold would lose. With a Yankee, you would still get a return as three of the doubles and one of the trebles would still win. These are popular with high odds football selections and horse racing.
How To Place The Accumulator Bet
To place an accumulator with William Hill, navigate to the sportsbook. For the purpose of this tutorial, I’m going to choose Football, by clicking ‘Football’ along the top of the navigation (under the ‘Vegas’ link).
The sportsbook homepage that includes details of William Hill’s free bet
I’ve scrolled down to the list of competitions. This is perfect for the weekend when there’s a lot of fixtures to browse through. I’ve clicked Premier League.
This is just a small selection of the competitions, countries, and leagues that players can place bets on
Clicking the buttons under ‘Home’, ‘Draw’ and ‘Away’ will add a team to the bet slip. Whichever team is listed first play at home, so ‘Man Utd v Man City’ means that Manchester United are playing at home. Clicking the home button will add Man Utd to the bet slip.
This is what the bet slip looks like once your teams have been added. The accumulator option is shown towards the bottom
Once all your chosen selections have been added, you’ll see two sections on the bet slip. ‘Singles’ allows you to bet individually on those selections. People often like to bet £10 or £20 on their favourite team for a bit of entertainment. Under the ‘Accumulators/Multiples’ section – which is further down on the bet slip, you’ll see Accumulator with a number in brackets. The number represents the number of selections on the bet slip that can be combined into an accumulator. Entering a stake here, of £10 like in this example, will show you the potential returns.
Weekly Free Bet Club
The advantage of placing an accumulator with William Hill is that for every £20 you spend on accumulators with at least 4 selections a week will allow you to be credited with a £5 free weekly club bet. This £5 free bet is for existing customers and can be claimed each week.
To qualify, you just need to have placed £20 worth of accumulator bets during the week. The free bet will then be credited on Friday.
- Accumulators need to contain at least four selections.
- Bets placed from Midnight on Friday until 23.59 the following Thursday will qualify.
- Your free £5 club bet will be credited by Friday lunchtime.
- Only one freebie a week I’m afraid!
- Only standard 4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 etc folds count. Trixies, Lucky 31s and multiples like that won’t count.
- Cashed in bets won’t count either.
- UK and Irish customers only.
- Free bets can only be used on Football.
Bets placed on the following leagues/markets will count towards your £5 club bet :
- 90 minutes
- Both teams to score
- Match result and both teams to score
- Total match goals: over / under 2.5 goals
- Correct score
- Both score no draw
- Double result
- Match result and 3 or more goals in the match
- Anytime goalscorer
- First goalscorer
- Last goalscorer
- English Premier League / Scottish Premiership
- English Championship / English League 1 / English League 2 /English League Cup
- Spanish La Liga Primera / Spanish Segunda
- Italian Serie A / German Bundesliga / French Ligue 1
- Portuguese Primeira Liga / Dutch Eredivisie /Turkish Super Lig
William Hill will give you the stake for your accumulator back if you miss by one selection. If your accumulator has lost, and only one team or selection on the bet slip has let you down, William Hill will refund your accumulator stake up to a maximum of £50/€50.
Important Details and Terms & Conditions:
- This offer is available just on football bets, but includes any teams, leagues, and odds.
- Only the betting markets of ‘Match Betting’ (straight win), ‘Both teams to score (BTTS), and ‘Match result and both teams to score’ will count towards this offer.
- Bets that have been cashed in will not apply.
- In-play bets won’t count either. The accumulator must be placed before all games kick off.
- The offer doesn’t include accumulators containing selections for ‘Draw No Bet’, or ‘Double Result’.
- Only valid for standard fold accumulators. Named multiples like Trixies, Yankees, Lucky31s etc do not count.
- Accumulators placed with a free bet won’t count.
- If a selection has been void or postponed and the bet now only contains five selections, it will not count.
- Free bets will be credited the following day, at midday.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happens With Postponed Games?
Postponed games or matches will be made void from your bet slip, unless the match is re-arranged within 48 hours of being cancelled or abandoned. This is usually the case for most bookmakers.
Can I Cash Out or Cash In My Accumulator?
If your accumulator contains selections that are eligible for cash-in, and none of them are currently suspended, you should be able to cash in your bet. View the guide on cashing in your William Hill bets for more information.
Why Does My Estimated Returns Say N/A?
It’s just a slight bug in the system. Your bet will still be valid and return what it should do, though.