Bet365’s Cash Out feature helps to prevent further losses by putting you in control of your bets with just one click. Another feature of Bet365 Cash Out is that you have the ability to earn winnings earlier than otherwise expected.
How does Cash Out Work?
The Cash Out feature at Bet365 is a method of settling your bet before the event ends. When cashing out you may notice that the price displayed is different to the one available upon placing the bet. As a result, the amount paid out after cashing out will often be different to what was originally offered.
Cashing Out : An Example
- You’ve placed a bet on Liverpool to beat Manchester United, and Liverpool are winning 1-0 with 15 minutes of the match to go.
- Manchester United are throwing everything at Liverpool, and you think it’s only a matter of time before United score an equaliser.
- You stand to win £25.00 if Liverpool win, and bet365 are offering you £20.00 to cash out now.
- You accept the cash out option of £20.00.
It now no longer matters what happens in the match, as you have settled your bet. The cash is in your account, and is yours whether Liverpool, win, lose or draw!
You took slightly less money than you stood to win if you let the bet run to its conclusion. But you’ve also eliminated the risk of the bet not winning at all.
Cashing out is similar to hedging a bet. In the trade off for less risk, you accept slightly less money.
To use Cash Out on mobile, tablet and desktop, visit the My Bets section at Bet365 and select the bet you want to cash out. You can also add bets to your “Favourites” tab and cash out from there.
You can find a step by step guide on how to use it below.
Bet365 Cash Out – How To Use It
- Log in to your Bet365 account.
- Place a bet on a market that’s eligible for Bet365 Cash Out.
- Then, head to the My Bets area on Bet365.
- Now, press the Cash Out icon located below your selection(s) within your betslip.
- Your bet has now been cashed out.
What Is Partial Cash Out?
With Bet365 Partial Cash Out, you can select the exact amount you want to cash out. This is in contrast to the standard method of cashing out, where your entire bet is settled instantly.
Instead, you press Partial Cash Our from the My Bets section of Bet365. In doing so, Bet365 grants you a chance to pick precisely the amount of money you want to take home and how much you’d like to keep active in the wager.
The remaining stake will still settle when the event ends, although your payout may be lower in value compared to the price displayed upon initially placing the bet.
Partial Cash Out : An Example
- So for example if you placed a £10.00 bet and stood to win £50.00, you might want to just get your £10 back.
- Assuming your bet is winning, you might have a cash out offer from bet365 to the value of £35.00.
- If you choose to take just £10.00 of the £35.00 on offer, using the Partial Cash Out option, the remainder of your bet might only pay out £20 if it wins.
- The remainder of the bet would also just continue as normal, with the same win/lose risks.
The key point here is that if the bet doesn’t win, you wouldn’t lose any cash.
You can take more than your original £10.00 stake, or less. It depends on you.
Bet365 will only offer you a maximum cash out amount. After that, how much you decide to cash out is up to you.
What is Auto Cash Out?
With Auto Cash Out, you can select a limit at which you want your bets to cash out automatically. This means you don’t need to manually click the Cash Out button.
Auto Cash Out is incredibly handy for people on the move, at work, or with weak internet connections. The way it works is simple:
- You select Auto Cash Out from the My Bets area at Bet365.
- Enter your Auto Cash Out limit.
- For bets where you want to use Partial Cash Out and Auto Cash Out together, simply enter an Auto Cash Out request for part of your bet rather than the entire amount.
- Should you decide to cash out manually, your Auto Cash Out request will be deleted.
- To confirm that Auto Cash Out is active, look for the green icon next to your selection.
Auto Cash Out : An Example
So if you place a £10.00 bet on a horse, you could set the Auto Cash Out to activate when the cash out amount offered hits £50.00. Ensuring you a win, no matter what the result.
You could also set the Auto Cash Out amount to £5.00, ensuring you get something back before the bet loses.
What is Total Cash Out?
Total Cash Out is far simpler to understand. If available, bet365 will offer you an amount to cash out your bet in full.
If you hit the cash out button and take the cash on offer, your bet is completed.
It doesn’t matter what the outcome of the event you had originally bet on is, as your bet is already settled.
So if you had placed a bet on Man Utd to win, and when they were winning 1-0, you cashed out; it wouldn’t matter whether they won 1-0, or lost 4-1, as your bet has already been settled.
Meaning the amount you cashed out is yours to keep.
Why Can Some Bets Not Be Cashed Out?
Bet365 may remove the ability to cash out for a variety of reasons. This includes the suspension of a market, bets being made void, a sudden and unexpected error, or something else.
If Cash Out is available pre-event, but not covered by Bet365 once underway, then Cash Out will no longer be available when the event begins.
Cash Out is only available for selected events and markets. You can find a list of some available sports and markets, here:
- Pre Match markets
- In-play markets
- Horse Racing
Why is Cash Out Suspended?
Bet365 Cash Out is suspended when any bet within your selection has itself been suspended. Where a market you bet on is no longer available, Bet365 will remove the availability of Cash Out.
One other reason for the suspension of Cash Out is related to Bet Credits. Should you bet using Bet Credits, Bet365 will only allow Cash Out for that selection if the amount you’d receive is greater than the amount staked.
Added to that, Cash Out is not available when the cash out value reaches zero.
Bet365 Cash Out : Frequently Asked Questions
Does Bet365 Make More Money Thanks to Cash Out?
Bet365 doesn’t make more money with Cash Out. The reason for this is simple: either the bettor is protecting against further losses, or taking home some kind of profit.
Bet365 makes more money when you allow the bet to run its course and settle naturally. Due to this, it’s safe to assume that Cash Out is a customer-focused feature with bettors’ best interests at heart.
What Sports is Cash Out Available on?
Cash out is available on a variety of sports on bet365. On their website they specifically list Soccer (football), Tennis, Horse Racing, Cricket and Basketball. These are the main sports.
Why won’t bet365 let me Cash Out?
There are a number of reasons why bet365 might not let you cash out.
A selection of reasons you can’t cash out are:-
- Cash out not available on that particular sport or event
- The event you bet on is suspended
- If a multiple bet, all legs of the multiple don’t have cash out available
- When in-play coverage ends
In short, cash out is not always available. It’s at the discretion of bet365 to offer or remove the cash out option when they see fit.
In general it is available on most major sporting events with bet365. If they don’t offer it, customers will simply go elsewhere, where it is available.
This is slightly different to the question, why you can’t cash out, in that sometimes the cash out option briefly disappears; before making a miraculous comeback!
It is common during football matches (in particular) for the bet365 cash out to become unavailable or for the cash out to simply disappear.
Whenever there is something happening in a match or event that is going to significantly change the odds on that event, the cash out option will become unavailable. Basically, it’s suspended.
In the event of a goal, an intervention for VAR, a penalty, or serious foul play that could result in a red card, the cash out option will disappear.
Once the event is up and running again, the cash out option will usually become available again.