Deleting your account is a simple procedure, but you must be careful when doing it to not lose out on your balance or incoming bet winnings. To ensure that you close your account without losing out, check that you’ve withdrawn all of your balance and that you have cashed in all bets, or alternatively wait until all bets have concluded. You can close your account with pending bets, but you will have to claim any winnings through customer service, so it may be wise to wait, or issue yourself a ‘time out’ or ‘self exclusion’ until the result of that bet.
How To Delete Your William Hill Account
When you’re ready, just follow these steps.
- Navigate to the William Hill betting website.
- Access your account using your login credentials and click the balance figure to open the My Account menu.
- Open the Safer Gambling section with the shield icon.
- Select Account Closure.
- Select the closure reason that best suits your situation.
- Enter your password.
- Confirm your account closure by clicking on the confirm button.
All of your data will be saved by William Hill for five years, so you can reactivate your account with them without much hassle.
What Are Time Outs And Self Exclusions?
These measures are for betters that don’t want to stop gambling with William Hill all together, but only for a period of time. This can be a great measure when you want to slow yourself down or to save a bit of money during hard times. Activating a time out or self exclusion is much like closing your account, but without having to worry about withdrawing your balance or tending to live bets through customer services. The self exclusion measure is more severe and will be difficult to reverse if you desperately feel you want to get back in the game early.
How To Activate A Time Out or A Self Exclusion
Activation of a time out or a self exclusion is similar to the account closure procedure.
- Navigate to the Safer Gambling section, as shown above.
- Select either Time Out or Self Exclusion, depending on how secure a block you want and how long you want to block the site for.
- If Self Excluding, read the T&C’s before selecting the time period and confirming with your password as above.
- For a time out you simply select the time period and confirm with your password as above.
How To Log out Of William Hill App?
If you simply want to get your account off of your William HIll app for a little while then you only need to log out. To do this follow these simple steps.
- Access your account through your app.
- Go to the ‘My Account’ section by tapping on your balance at the top right of the screen.
- Tap on the exit door icon in the top right of the screen, and select log out.