Best Horse Racing Betting Apps: Which To Download?
We’ve selected the top horse racing betting apps for betting on daily horse racing, and big festivals like Cheltenham, Aintree, The Grand National, Royal Ascot and more.
Overall Best Horse Racing Betting Apps
|William Hill||Best Horse Racing Welcome Offers|
|Bwin||Best App For Horse Racing Markets And Odds|
|Unibet||Best For Live Streaming|
|888Sport||Best For Multiple Bet Types|
|Betfair||Best App With Betting Exchange|
|Paddy Power||Best App With Bet Builder|
|Bet365||Best App For In-Play Live Horse Betting|
|Betfair||Best App For Cash Out|
Best Horse Racing Betting Apps For Specific Hourse Racing Meets & Festivals
Some apps are better suited to different competitions.
How do we judge this?
- Some betting apps have better odds or betting offers for these specific festivals, meets, and races.
For example, Boylesports is well known for having the best odds in the industry for horse racing betting.
- Certain betting apps have great introductory offers and promotions for existing customers for these festivals.
For example, the William Hill app has excellent free bets for the Cheltenham Festival. Bet365 have regular free bets for certain placed finishes on ITV televised racing events.
- Features available within the apps can be beneficial for betting on certain festivals, so apps that contain these features might be recommended for certain events.
For example, outright betting markets such as best trainer for the Cheltenham Festival.
Best Cheltenham Festival Betting Apps
The top betting apps for Cheltenham Festival betting have the following features:
- Excellent range of betting markets, both for outright betting, pre-race betting, and in-play race betting.
- Cash out for the apps to allow users to cash out their accumulator winnings early.
- Reasonable offers such as horse and trainer price boosts and enhancements.
- Introductory offers for new users that download the app, sign up, and bet on the festival.
We recommend these horse racing betting apps for betting on the Cheltenham Festival:
Best Apps For The Grand National
The top betting apps for betting on The Aintree Grand National have the following features:
- Best odds guaranteed on all starting horses.
- The apps have cash out to allow Grand National bettors to cash out their horse bets in the middle of the race.
- Generous offers such as price boosts and enhancements on the most backed horses.
Best Bet Apps For Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood Betting
The top betting apps for other big festivals, like Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood betting, have the following features:
- Outright betting markets to back trainers and jockeys ahead of the festivals.
- The apps have cash out to allow for cashing in bets early – ideal when accumulators and other multiples like Lucky 15s already have a few winning selections.
- Strong, ongoing offers, such as price boosts and enhancements for the favourite horses in the major races of the day.
Top Horse Racing Apps For Betting By User Type
Some horse racing betting apps are fit for general purposes. Still, we believe some are better suited to different users – either via their experience with sports betting or depending on the amount of money they have available to place bets.
Best Apps For Beginners
The recommended apps for beginners feature simple sign-up processes, plenty of deposit methods, and easy-to-browse user interfaces.
Their race meetings are simple to scroll through and are organised by date, location and time. The betting markets are well-labelled and not over complex for first-time users, and they tend to feature simple-to-claim free bet offers.
Our recommended horse racing betting apps for rookies are:
Best Apps For Experienced Bettors
More experienced horse racing bettors can handle the more complex bet types, like Forecasts and Placepots.
Not only do they have strong industry odds, but the best apps for professional punters have high bet limits – and don’t quickly “gub” or restrict punters to small-stakes bets.
The apps that are great for more experienced punters include:
Best Apps For Bettors With Small Bankrolls
Some horse racing apps are ideal for betting, offering new users welcome bonuses, weekly free bets, and price boosts/enhancements.
These promotions and rewards can benefit horse racing punters who don’t have much capital to bet with.
Therefore the horse racing betting applications we recommend for low-bankroll players are:
How We Rate Horse Racing Betting Apps
Ease Of Use/User Interface
Horse racing betting apps are packed with features to encourage and entice users to keep coming back and playing regularly. However, we believe the better apps are the ones that are easy to use and that are self-intuitive.
Being able to quickly find a horse racing meet and pick the winning horse is essential – as when given a good horse racing tip, punters need to act fast before the odds on the horse start dropping.
Too many enticing features can overwhelm users and put them off. So instead, we find the best apps are the ones that are nice to browse, search, and place horse racing bets with.
We believe these qualities are the most important, and apps prioritising an exemplary user interface will have customers returning for years.
Obscure Horse Racing Meets
The industry’s better racing betting apps extensively cover the daily UK and Irish horse racing.
The more advanced apps have meetings across Australia, the USA, and Europe, like France, Spain and Portugal, where horse racing betting is popular.
The betting apps with the best obscure horse racing meets, fixtures and betting markets are:
Live Streaming Capability & Quality
Live streaming has taken off, as we mentioned in our guide to betting sites with live streaming. Thanks to the introduction of 4G and now 5G wireless Internet, smartphones have the capability and connectivity to stream live events better than ever.
The faster mobile Internet is brilliant for betting apps, as punters can stream and watch all the UK and Irish racing (where available) throughout the day. It adds to the excitement and means punters can analyse the form of a horse or jockey before backing it in a future race.
The best betting apps for live streaming include:
A feature developed by Betfair at the turn of the last decade, cash out has taken the betting world by storm.
Horse racing punters regularly combine their bets into multiples, like Lucky 31s, Heinz’s and Super Heinze’s. After a few winners, the cash-out value on these multiple bets and accumulators can add up, so apps with cash-out can be a major benefit to horse racing bettors.
The top horse racing bet apps that have the cash-out feature enabled are:
What Is a Horse Racing Betting App?
A horse racing betting app is simply a betting app that allows sports bettors to place bets on horse racing. Bettors can back horses, trainers and jockeys to win races across a huge range of horse racing meet and events.
Horse Racing Betting Apps Definition
A horse racing betting app is an application available to download, install, and use on a smartphone or tablet, usually on the iOS or Android operating system.
It allows users to register and place bets via a bookmaker on horse racing betting markets.
The Goal of Horse Racing Betting Apps
The objective for the users of these apps is to allow users to browse through horse racing events, meets and festivals and place bets.
For the bookmakers themselves, these apps aim to increase their customer base and the betting activity of their existing customers, thus increasing the overall turnover for the company.
Horse Racing Betting Apps Examples
Examples of horse racing betting apps include:
- William Hill
Horse Racing Betting App Strategy
An ideal horse racing betting app strategy would be to install an app with the required features to suit the requirements of the app user.
Ensure the horse racing betting apps is suited to the user’s experience level. For example, beginner users should choose a betting app that is simple to use and has the basic features they require.
Advanced users should focus on horse racing betting applications with cash out, multiple bet types, a deep range of betting events, and the best odds.
Horse Racing Betting App Best Practices
Here are the best practices for installing and using horse racing betting apps.
- Install via official sources—directly from the bookmaker site, Google Play Store, or Apple App Store.
- Ensure apps are updated as soon as an update is available.
- Never give out your horse racing bet app usernames/passwords to anyone, especially people emailing claiming to be from the bookmaker customer service.
- Set deposit limits within the app to ensure you play safely.
- Always gamble responsibly, take care and stop when the fun stops.
- Uninstall the app if you’re risking more than you can afford to lose. Self-exclude from the bookmaker, close your account and uninstall the app.